Move over, boring old posters! Flashing neon signs are definitely the next big thing in cinematic advertising
Possibly. Who knows really.
Either way, these mocked up examples are pretty brilliant:
1. You can’t say this wouldn’t grab your attention…
2. This one kind of looks like an ad for something slightly less family friendly
3. PSYCHEDELIC NEON STABBY ACTION
4. We ain’t afraid of no flashing luminous ghost!
5. This Joker/batsignal hybrid is especially clever
(See more over on Imgur)
It's the grimmest Christmas tradition in the world - and it's getting more popular over here! Krampus!
What’s scarier than sitting on the lap of an old man with a fake beard and a moth-chewed Santa outfit that smells of coffee and farts?
This is Krampus - devil-beast of Alpine legend. He punishes the children on Santa’s naughty list
Popular, you say? Let’s take a look at Google…
You'll be overcome with hatred and loathing for the human race when you see how badly these tattoos are spelt
Are tattooists playing a secret game where they compete to get things wrong and mock the public?
1. Supposed to say: “It gets better”
Does it’s? DOES IT’S? We think you’ll find it’s get much worse.
2. Supposed to say: “I put away childish things”
This shows why A-levels, a breathalyser…
These fans hero worship their idols so much they want to look like them. Can you tell which fan went to which gig?
Photographer James Mollison took photos of music act fans for his series disciples. He said:I was fascinated by the different tribes of people that attended them, and how people emulated celebrity to form their identity.Can you match the disciples to their heroes? Highlight the text to see if…
How to wear these t-shirts:
- Rock up to Christmas dinner in one
- Bemusedly repeat ad nauseum that the quotes are correct
- Watch your favourite film buff curdle and splutter with impotent rage.
1. The Dark Night
"No - the Joker does say this. It’s meant to be ironic because he is a clown and…
1. You finally have the disposable income to buy all the things you wanted to back when you were 20
But now you don’t have the time or energy to play with any of it.
2. You make a ‘cool’ cultural reference, only to have it fall completely flat
And you realise it refers to something…
11. And finally, there’s the moment when you ask your mother to “move the mouse to the icon” and she says “like this?”
And you say “No. No, Mum. Not quite like that.”
Stock images via Free Digital Photos.
"I moved into a house about a year ago. The previous owners built the house in the early 2000’s, and moved to India two years ago. This picture above shows my parents’ room. Then the other day, we found this"
"My little brother and me were messing around, and I pushed him into the shelf. When…
Here’s a handy way to quickly identify a classical artist, just by looking at one of their paintings:
1. Rembrandt van Rijn
"If everyone looks like hobos illuminated only by a dim streetlamp, it’s Rembrandt."
"If everyone is beautiful, naked, and stacked, it’s…
Seal (via Celebrity Zoo!)
Fruit with life experience (via Still Life: Bent Objects » OWNI.eu, News, Augmented)